Job Posting – Purchasing Clerk: Full Time Position
Title: Purchasing Clerk Division: Aircraft Maintenance
Reports to: Director of Purchasing Schedule: M- F-8:30AM-5:00PM
Base: KMHT Non-exempt/Hourly
Description of Position
Provides purchasing, inventory control, shipping and receiving and overall support to purchasing functions. The work is performed under the supervision of the Director of Purchasing. The nature of the work performed requires the employee to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Director of Purchasing, Purchasing Assistant, Department Heads, customers, employees, vendors and the public. The principal duties are performed in a parts room environment with exposure to an airport hangar environment. Performs directly related work as required.
Examples of Essential Work
- Provides purchasing, inventory control, shipping and receiving and overall support to purchasing functions according to sound business practices, customer regulations and Wiggins Airways policies and procedures;
- Purchases aircraft parts in a timely manner to meet delivery and customer requirements;
- Shops and bids parts and inventory items for highest quality at the most competitive price;
- Processes related paperwork and purchasing orders to ensure parts and freight are properly charged to job orders;
- Inspects received parts and freight for accuracy and damage control;
- Ships items in the most cost effective and timely manner;
- Properly controls inventory in the most cost effective and timely manner;
- Performs barcoding of stock items;
- Stocks parts and handles freight as required;
- Assists employees with ordering, issuing and delivering of parts and supplies;
- Participate at the highest level as a Purchasing team member, supporting co-workers in their duties.
- Perform other special assignments as requested.
Experience and Training
- Graduation from high school or an equivalent program and;
- Experience as a purchasing agent;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, that permits the employee to review a wide variety of written material in electronic or hardcopy form;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, that permits the employee to operate a personal computer and related equipment;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, that permits the employee to operate all necessary equipment and stock parts shelves.
To apply for this position, send resume & cover letter to
Kim LeBlanc, Human Resources
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are treated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.