Wiggins Airways has been in the aviation industry since 1929. We are seeking a qualified Chief Pilot to help us maintain unparalleled service and value for our customers, with the highest dedication to safety, innovation and teamwork.
We offer a strong culture of safety and service. Our pilots develop exceptional skills, operating in the diverse and challenging weather conditions of the Northeast.
General Statement of Duties
The Chief Pilot position is required by regulation under 14 CFR 119.69 and 119.71 to ensure the highest degree of safety in the operation. The Chief Pilot’s primary role is to serve and support the pilot group operating under CFR of Part 135. This position reports to the Vice President of Air Operations
Required Special Qualifications:
- Previous Chief Pilot experience required.
- Recent experience within the last 6 months.
- Valid driver’s license in accordance with company and airport policy.
- The Chief Pilot must satisfy the applicable management qualifications of 14 CFR 119.71.
- The Chief Pilot may be required to travel to various locations and events as a representative of Wiggins Airways
- The Chief Pilot is expected to maintain currency and proficiency in respective aircraft and operations.
- Remain current and qualified in at least one aircraft type.
- Successful completion of security and background check in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, Company and airport policy;
- Successful completion and maintenance of drug and alcohol testing in accordance with company policy.
- The work performed by the Chief Pilot typically takes place in an office environment. However, certain duties may involve moderate exposure to airport and aircraft operations.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
- Two-year degree in Aviation Management or equivalent education, Pilot supervisory experience and;
- Airline Transport Pilot’s License with multi-engine ratings with three years’ experience in the past six years as Pilot in Command (PIC) in FAR 135 or 121 environments.
- Or previous CP experience in a Part 121 or 135 Operation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience as Pilot In Command (PIC) for Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) 135 or 121 operations;
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of Pilot and Check Airmen duties;
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and/or written policies, procedures and instructions;
- Skilled with basic computer literacy including Microsoft Office products;
- Skilled with integrity, ingenuity and initiative in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Competitive Salary
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with Company match, Short and Long- Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Vacation (80 hours accrued first year), Paid Holidays, Sick, Floating Holiday
Qualified candidates, please submit a resume @ www.wiggins-air.com/careers