Job Posting – Flight Follower: Full Time Position
Title: Flight Follower Division: Air Operations
Reports to: Director Flight Control Schedule: M- TH- 8:15PM-5:15AM
Friday- 8:15PM -Midnight
Base: KMHT Non-exempt / Hourly
Description of Position
Monitors and reports the status of all Company flights, aircraft, crews and locations. Supports all administrative aspects of flight control to ensure safe and timely transport of Company aircraft in a professional manner in order to help the department achieve annual business goals. Performs directly related work as required.
Examples of Essential Work
- Efficiently and safely release scheduled flights; delay, reroute or cancel flights based on customer needs, weather, crew, and equipment in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, Wiggins Airways policies and procedures, and customer regulations;
- Create ad-hoc flights based on crew, customer needs and aircraft availability;
- Acts as a liaison between crew and customer, providing information, guidance and instructions to pilots and Air Operations management;
- Provide knowledge, location information and status of all Company aircraft and crews;
- Communicate thoroughly in a timely manner to all customers regarding deviations;
- Makes timely decisions based on evaluations of actual and forecasted meteorological conditions, adequacy of airports, airways and communication facilities, availability of aircraft and crews, and the effect of those decisions of the service of customers;
- Provide professional and effective telephone courtesy and handling of customer inquiries to appropriate persons or departments as required;
- Participate at the highest level as an Air Operations flight follower team member, supporting co-workers in their duties and providing extra-ordinary service to any Wiggins Airways’ customer;
- Maintain due diligence on all matters of security and safety;
- Perform other special assignments as requested.
Experience and Training
- Graduation from high school or an equivalent program and;
- General knowledge of aviation industry and / or some college and /or flight experience is helpful;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
To apply for this position, send resume & cover letter to
Kim LeBlanc, Administration
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are treated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.