Aircraft Maintenance Technician (A & P Mechanic)
Wiggins Airways has been in the aviation industry since 1929. We are seeking qualified A&P Mechanics to help us maintain unparalleled service and value for our customers, with the highest dedication to safety, innovation and teamwork.
We have openings in our Manchester NH base and our Puerto Rico base!!
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of this employee is to perform scheduled and non-scheduled mechanical and avionics maintenance on all Company and customer owned aircraft in a professional, safe and timely manner to help the department achieve annual business goals.
The work is performed under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Maintenance.
- After training, normal Full-Time schedules needed are:
- Sunday – Wednesday (10-hour shifts)
- Wednesday – Saturday (10-hour shifts)
Examples of Essential Work
- Performs scheduled and non-scheduled mechanical maintenance on all Company and customer owned aircraft required by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, Wiggins Airways business plan, policies and procedures, and customer regulations
- Inspects and diagnoses discrepancies to identify defective components
- Determines serviceability of aircraft and components
- Researches and recommends repair and purchase of replacement parts as required
- Cleans and maintains tooling, equipment and work areas
- Changes and repairs faulty components in accordance with FAA regulations, sound business practice, safety concerns and Wiggins Airways policies and procedures
- Completes all necessary paperwork including logbook entries, FAA and repair station forms
- Safely operates and transports Company and customer equipment in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Manchester Airport (MHT), and Wiggins Airways policies and procedures
- Participates at the highest level as a Maintenance Technician team member, supporting co-workers in their duties and providing extra-ordinary service to any Wiggins Airways’ customer
- Maintains due diligence on all matters of security and safety
- Participates in general housekeeping duties such as facility cleaning, snow and sand removal, etc.
- Perform other special assignments as requested
- Must have a current A&P License
- Must have valid state driver’s License
- Must be able to pass 10-year background check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Graduation from high school or an equivalent program and any equivalent combination of experience and training that provide the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.